- Yellow Springs Youth Group
- Yellow Springs Youth Group- AUGUST 2020
- AUGUST Yellow Springs Youth Group: TOTAL 4-Week Series (August 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th)
AUGUST Yellow Springs Youth Group: TOTAL 4-Week Series (August 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th)
In this 4-wk series of gatherings, Megan invites young adults 12-18yrs of age to come together, creating a community of open-mindedness, support, and communication. She wishes to create a safe space for young individuals so that they may explore the concept of genuine connection- what it looks like, feels like, and in fact, what it means to hold space for not only ourselves, but also for one another. Megan believes Nature is the place to do this kind of work! She speaks, teaches, and guides from a Native American perspective- incorporating a spirituality and a practicality in her work with others. Nature is our first family, one of our greatest teachers, and in fact, one of our greatest sources for finding connection, peace, and unconditional love.
In a time where authentic connection to self, others, and Nature seems fractured and may feel quite foreign to so many, Megan believes these types of gatherings are needed now more than ever. A former teacher and school counselor, Megan looks forward to learning from and engaging with the wisdom of our future generation.
WHERE: Yellow Springs, Chester Springs PA
(We will meet in the Chester Springs Library parking lot: 1709 Art School Road, Chester Springs PA 19425)
WHEN: August 2020, group meets weekly for 4 consecutive weeks:
August 7th, August 14th, August 21st, August 28th
TIME: Fridays, 9:30am-11am (1hr 30mins)
COST & REGISTRATION: $25 per gathering, or $90 for total 4-wk series. Commitment to total 4-wk series strongly recommended as gatherings build upon each other from week to week.
*Participants under 18 yrs. of age MUST have signed parent/guardian consent.
(Consent forms available upon registration.)
*Group limited to 7 participants.
WHAT TO BRING: Pen/journal, appropriate walking shoes, sun protection, personal snack, personal water bottle (additional water and sunscreen will be provided)
For the safety of all participants: Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be available. Face masks requested. Social distancing measures will be implemented.
PRINCIPLES & OBJECTIVES
Megan is a guide, a mentor, an empath- a living bridge between the physical world and that of the spiritual world. She has dedicated her life to Walking the Good Red Road, which speaks to a way of being in this world: a way of being with our own true self, a way of being with each other as a human race, and a way of being with our Mother Earth.
Her work is fundamentally grounded in these 3 Guiding Principles:
1. Humans and all aspects of Nature are of the same family. We are in equal partnership and relationship to each other.
2. Just as humans carry a soul, a spirit, or an “energetic rhythm” one might say, so too does every element of Nature.
3. When open to it, there can be an energetic exchange, a relationship of giving and receiving, that transpires between Nature and us. This relationship promotes healing, growth, and love not only for ourselves and each other, but for the healing, growth, and love of our Earth as well.
Throughout this 4-week series, Megan will implement and utilize the following techniques and teaching tools:
Native American Medicine Wheel:
- a practical and spiritual teaching tool used to assist us and align us to the cycles of Nature, to the cycles within our own life experiences, and to the cycles of the world at large
Meditation Practices & Techniques:
- Discussions of the importance and need to connect with Mother Earth once again
- Connecting to one’s Heart and Soul- the essence of who you truly are- while in the quiet and solitude of Nature
Forest Walks, Elements of Nature:
- Learning to engage and ‘communicate’ with Nature utilizing our senses
- Learning to heal, to cultivate awareness, to connect utilizing the elements of Nature
- Learning to properly, respectfully engage with Nature, from a Native American perspective
*Unplug. De-Stress. Decompress. Reduce Anxiety. Find Your Calm.*